Stealing and Snooping skills are active on Test Center!
- Containers have been spawned around Moonglow labeled THIEF TEST that contain items to be stolen
- PVP stealing and snooping is enabled, but is not the primary focus of this round of testing; however, if you don't find anything wrong with stealing from the containers in-town, try some PVP stealing too.
- Please test all things Stealing and Snooping and report bugs from in-game with the subject
- To Connect To Test Center:
Thief Skills - General Details
- If you are looking to learn about the art of thievery, you might start by seeking out the Thief Guildmaster for some training.
- Once you've received some training from the Thief Guildmaster, you can begin snooping other players, their pack-animals, or townsfolk.
- You might find some worthy targets in shops inside and around towns. The townsfolk tend to store their belongings in containers, and sometimes forget to lock up.
- After you've found some worthy targets to boost, take your shot and grab the loot!
- Be careful not to get spotted though, they will send the Guards after you if they catch you grabbing their goods.
- Through hard work and dedication, should you become skilled enough, you may sometimes get away with lifting an item right in front of people without anyone noticing.
- The art of pick-pocketing is best done dismounted and under the cover of the shadows; learning to use your surroundings to remaining hidden and stealth up to your targets will make you more likely to succeed and get away with it.
Thief Skills - Technical Details
- Players can Snoop other players, pack animals, and human NPCs
- Players can Steal from Town Containers and Pack Animals without needing to be in the Thieves Guild
- To steal from players you need to be in the Thieves Guild (see UO thieves guild requirements)
- Stealing gain is not tied to weight, instead you will always have a chance to gain when using the skill
- Can target mobs directly to do a blind-steal that will attempt to grab a random item from the target's inventory
- You can perform a blind-steal on monsters at a chance to get a limited amount of loot
- Being hidden and dismounted gives a small bonus to success chance and chance to get away with it
- Players with GM Stealing and Snooping have a chance to get away with the crime
- Thieves will only appear criminal if they are witnessed performing the crime by others
- If thieves are witnessed by an NPC performing the crime they will call the Guards
- Disguise Kits are available for sale by the Thief Guildmaster
- COMING SOON: 2 Enchants
- COMING SOON: Disarm ability
Human NPCs and Monsters may not have any loot
No Thief Guildmaster spawned Thief Guildmaster won't sell skill training books unless you're in the Guild already
- Skill gain frequency, chances, and loot drops are only test values and may change at any time
- The locations of the boxes are random right now for testing